ERRinvnetname in service.c

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Sep 28 16:22:40 GMT 1999

In the routine make_connection, we do two things that seem counter-intuitive:

1. We run the root preexec stuff before we even determine if the user can
access the directory and thus share.

2. We check if the user can access the share, and if not, return
ERRinvnetname, which seems bad.  A better response would be ERRnoaccess.
Even better, since we pull errno in to write a DEBUG 0 message, why not
check and return ERRbadpath if the get no such file or directory, and
ERRnoaccess otherwise?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course