browse defaults

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Sat Sep 25 04:56:07 GMT 1999

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 02:44:28PM +1000, tridge at linuxcare.com wrote:
> I'm thinking of changing the Samba browse defaults as follows:
>
>   preferred master = true
>   os level = 20

Yes. A while ago I did something similar to improve browsing functionality
in HEAD. The defaults there work quite well:

* os level = 32
* domain master = auto (iff samba is pdc)
* preferred master = auto (iff samba is dmb)

I also changed check_master_browser_exists so it performs the check the
first time round, so if there is no master browser Samba takes up the
job faster.

See my commit at "Sun Apr 11 10:23:19 1999 UTC".

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member