Library to access registry from Linux

Todd Sabin tastas at home.com
Fri Sep 24 16:44:24 GMT 1999

Richard Sharpe <sharpe at ns.aus.com> writes:

> Has anyone seen any routines that can access (read and write) registry
> entries in the registry files when mounted as a VFAT file system under Linux?

Funny you should ask.  I've been writing a file system driver for
linux to do that.  Currently, it's read-only.  Also, it only works on
NT registry files; 95 uses a completely different format.  I haven't
published the code, yet.  It seems to be stable.  I'll try and cobble
together some kind of alpha release soon.

You may also want to ask Petter Nordahl-Hagen <pnordahl at eunet.no>.
He's the author of the the linux boot disk to change NT's
Administrator password.  I got a lot of the registry format
information from him.

Todd