Status of LDAP and BDC functionality

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Fri Sep 24 11:28:40 GMT 1999

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 04:46:35PM +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> can anyone tell me the status of the functionality of the LDAP and BDC
> support in Samba?

Neither is supported in 2.0, of course. As far as HEAD goes I'm slowly
getting this done.

The LDAP code itself is working, but is currently only useable by serious
hackers, and even then only with the HOWTO in hand... so it will need some
useability changes :-) A couple of fixes, mainly for compatibility with
various systems, and an LDAP migration script are on my todo list - for as
soon as I find some time!  After that it will be fairly ready; a lot of people
are already using it so I've been getting some feedback.

Real BDC support needs a rework of the passdb and domain_namemap code, which
I'm slowly ploughing through. I'm hoping it will become "testable code"
sometime in the next month.

> Only 29 chapters, and two appendices to go :-(

Ouch! Good luck...

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman