Support for NT user groups

DaveP davep at hmgcc.gov.uk
Fri Sep 17 11:41:11 GMT 1999

I've been lurking on this list for a few weeks hoping to find out if
there are any plans to implement the one feature which would really help
us; support for access controls (at both share and file level) by NT
group.

As I understand it, a future Samba version will have support for ACLs
built in, which will provide more fine-grained security control. However
I believe that the actual access control will continue to be carried out
by the underlying operating system. And of course Linux doesn't have
ACLs as yet.

Are there any other plans?

Dave Pickles