Need help understand Samba

Thomas Ho thomas_wb_ho at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:44:08 GMT 1999

Hi, I am currently trying to understand how the Samba component smbd and
nmbd daemon for my own learning and possibly contribution to the group in
the future.  I would like to know if there is any documentation that discuss
the architecture of the application, and how the application work from a
high level from the perspective of a developer.

Currently I am reading the slides from talks given by team member, and the
docs in /doc directory that comes with the source code.  I haven't dig into
the CVS source tree to look at the comments in the CVS log yet.

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for help,
Thomas.