inherit mode

Phil Cox Phil.Cox at SystemExperts.com
Thu Sep 2 04:16:53 GMT 1999

Jeremy and all,

I am not sure if this is even coherent, but I'll try it anyway...

Has there been any thought as to how to mimic the Win2K filesystem inheritance stuff. I know this is a bit of a tangent, but everything I read on this thread was dealing with local permissions as well as share. It may be irrelevant, because "We'll do Win2K in Samba 3.0..." or something like that. With all this "Inheritance" talk, my head was ringing with Win2K stuff :)

If this is completely irrelevant, please flush it. otherwise the discussion might be fruitful.

Phil