print command and %s vs %f

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sun Oct 24 03:49:04 GMT 1999

Hi,

In checking certain things out, it seems to me that the man pages
(smb.conf) are no longer correct.

In the section on print command it states that there is a different between
the %s and %f macro, but I cannot find any different, either in the code,
nor in practice.

Since it seems that the print command executed from the path for the
service, there should be no difference.

Perhaps I am wrong.  Can anyone comment?

Perhaps I need to update the documentation :-)

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course