Samba 2.0.6 Pre 1 RPM

Stephen Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Mon Oct 18 06:03:11 GMT 1999

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> I have tried loading the Samba 2.0.6 Pre 1 RPM under TurboLinux Workstation
> 4.0, and it fails a dependency test.

> It says that:

>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0) is needed
>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1) is needed

> TLW is based on GLIBC 2.0, I believe.  Does Samba require both?

It looks like this binary was built on a RH6.0 system, which is based on
glibc 2.1.  Glibc 2.1 has a compatibility layer for glibc 2.0 and provides
the symbols from both versions of the library, hence the stated dependency
on both of them.

If you have the time, you could rebuild from the SRPM on your system, which
would solve the problem.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer