[Fwd: samba shared client lib needs LGPL]

Chris Rogers gandalf at pobox.com
Sat Oct 16 01:11:33 GMT 1999

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Stephen Langasek wrote:

> wayne roberts wrote:
>
> > The perpose is to use in gnome virtual filesystem.  It is currently used
[snip]
> According to the rpm on my system, Midnight Commander is GPL.  Why do you
> believe it necessary for this library code to be released under the LGPL, if
> the application you're using it in doesn't require it?

I believe that the gnome vfs code is going to be released on its own, or
part of another gnome library.  At this point most (all?) of the gnome
libraries have been released LGPL (thus wayne's original comment).

As a side note, I know this has probably been rehashed a million times
before, but having libraries to do the client stuff would be so
wonderfull.

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf at darkcorner.net  gandalf at pobox.com