undelete/trashcan for sambashares

Tim Potter Tim.Potter at anu.edu.au
Sun Oct 10 12:02:21 GMT 1999

Andrew Tridgell writes:

> > Are there some "official" words on this subject (too lazy to search
> > the archives :P) ? (and wheter it belongs to samba or not )
>
> I think we could add it if someone works up a really clean patch
> (ie. it doesn't impact on the main code paths too much).
>
> The alternative is to use the upcoming VFS support and do it in there.

It should be eminently doable using samba-fu:

[scratch]
        comment = scratch space with trashcan
        writeable = yes
        path = /scratch
        vfs object = /usr/local/samba/lib/samba-fu.o
        vfs option = unlink script = /usr/local/bin/safe-delete %f

I should really do some more work on it - things are probably going to
be a little quiet for the next couple of weeks so maybe something
useful will get done.

Tim.

--
Tim Potter, System Admin/Programmer              "Disco Stu doesn't advertise"
Advanced Computational Systems CRC, RSISE Bldg Australian National University,