Some help with broadcasts through a Linux system

Christopher R. Hertel crh at nts.umn.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:33:45 GMT 1999

Here at the University, we disable directed broadcast on all routers.
There are simply too many exploits opened up including (but not limited
to) Smurf amplification and NetBIOS name harvesting.

A very unpopular feature on an open network.

Chris -)-----

--
             -- I have a shoehorn, the kind with teeth. --
                                  ---