HD size limit?

Stephen Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Tue Oct 5 22:00:29 GMT 1999

On Wed, 6 Oct 1999, root wrote:

> The problem is the Samba CVS version. There should be a BIG blinking
> sign around it : "THIS IS PDC TREE, NO GOOD FILESERVER".
> Serious : There were some fixes in the 2.0.x branch, that were not
> portet to the 2.1.x.

> The best sollution for this is to use 2.1.x ONLY for PDC, not as
> fileserver.
> You don't even need 2 Machines for this, just use some second (aliased)
> Interface.

Is this true?  Isn't the plan for the next major release of Samba to be
based on the current HEAD branch?  I thought bug fixes were being applied to
both trees as necessary--won't it just make it that much more difficult to
fix things later if both trees have features and updates that aren't found
in the other?

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer