nisplus backend support

James Harris jharris at vislab.ucr.edu
Tue Nov 30 06:35:47 GMT 1999

Im am mostly a sun solaris shop. NISplus has done well for a while, dont
really see a reason to go to ldap while nisplus works and works well.  The
only reason I ask about the nisplus support was it somone decieded to add
it to the code base. I figure if it was worth someones time to add might
be worth checking out.  The next question is since it has a nisplus client
framework how difficult would it be to use it to keep the passwords
synced?, instead of the shell hack.