vote / opinions required on rpcclient

Luke Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Nov 29 16:48:17 GMT 1999

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Marty Leisner wrote:

> don't make a command called "net" on unix.

okie.

> If you want, maybe have options to emulate these commands...
>
> I haven't worked with samba in a while (I'm getting back into the swing now).

nice to see old faces back once in a while :)

> The 2.0.5a crashed services.exe by doing:

that's normal.  i suggest you report it on ntbugtraq and securityfocus.
don't mention my name: after i sent in a report to ntbugtraq, certain
people at microsoft went absolutely nuts.  i mean, acted like no-one had
told them about this sort of thing, before, and how irresponsible i was
for telling people publicly what has been known by other certain people
for a long time.

right arm doesn't know what the left is doing, and it's all a mess:
nothing can get done because they're focussing on the latest version of
nt, which isn't out yet...

*sigh*.  can you get me either a debug log level 100 or a netmon trace,
marty?

thanx.