os level in 2.0.6

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Sun Nov 28 15:16:46 GMT 1999

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 01:56:04AM +1100, Richard Sharpe wrote:

> The default value in the 2.0.6 source is 20.  There are no comments in the
> source that I can see to explain the change, and there appears to be
> nothing in the announcement to explain it either.

http://www.samba.org/listproc/samba-technical/4516.html

[tridge]
: the idea is to put Samba ahead of any Win9X boxes on the net while
: still being behind NT. I've seen bug reports for cross-subnet
: browsing where Samba loses elections to Win9X boxes which don't know
: how to do browse sync operations across subnets. I think the above two
: changes make the defaults more reasonable. I want to make installing
: Samba with reasonable settings as simple as possible.

Cheers,

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman