Printers on NT Workstation to Samba, Access denied, Unable to connect

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Thu Nov 18 08:40:58 GMT 1999

Hi,

What is the standard fix for this problem

I have defined a printer under Windows NT Wks that points to a Samba
server, server is in security=user.

I login as a different user, who has an account on the Samba server, but
the printer shows up as Access denied, Unable to connect.

Is it the way I have defined the printer, or should I set up a virtual
server that has a valid guest account?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course