Open to a suggestion?

Nebinger, David david.nebinger at eds.com
Thu Nov 18 04:43:45 GMT 1999

Hey, all, how ya doin?

I've just started playing with Samba, v2.0.6, and I have a suggestion.

Is the development team open to modifying toktocliplist() in lib/util_str.c?
I modified my own version to use a quoted string as a single token.

Basically I was trying to do the following:

  smbclient //chslgf01/public "" -U user%user -TcX file.tar Apps "User
Files"

"User Files" is a long directory name with a space, so I needed to quote the
name
in order to ensure that it would be compared in full when building the tar
file.

To my dismay, toktocliplist() put three items in my cliplist: Apps, "User,
and Files".

Anyway, the code change is relatively simple, and I could submit a patch
or something if you all feel that it is a worthy change.  I don't know what
impact
this might have on the rest of the tools; I'll be checking that out while
waiting for a reply.

Dave

David Nebinger, david.nebinger at eds.com
EDS, Family And Employment Services
275 Grandview Avenue
Camp Hill, PA  17011
(717) 730-6518          FAX (717) 975-6079