Status of mmap functionality?

mstoop mstoop at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 17 15:58:43 GMT 1999

Hi,

> What is the consensus on the mmap functionality in current versions of
> samba? I haven't seen much talk about it despite it still carrying the
> "experimental" label. Are people actively working on it or is it dead in
> the water for the time being? Just how experimental is it?

I use it since samba 2.0.3 on HP-UX 10.20
No problems, but I can't see much performance gain.

---
Michel Stoop,

Senior Network and Systems Administrator
Numeriek Centrum Groningen B.V.
Vuyk Engineering Centre Groningen B.V.
Cono Industrie Groep N.V.
Postbus 204
9700AE Groningen
+31 (0)50 541 26 32  fax: +31 (0)50 542 37 17
http://www.ncg.nl
mailto:stoop at ncg.nl
---