The profiles sthick

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 16 21:58:22 GMT 1999

Richard,

If I read your question right, I think it's because the default for logon
path is  \\%N\%U\profile, and in the presence of a typical [homes] share,
the home directory is mapped to a share named after the username.

The plot thickens in 2.0.6, where logon path is ignored unless you revert
the two lp_logon_home() calls in ipc.c back to the 2.0.5a lp_logon_path().

Steve Litt