Roaming profile: login path= ignored on 2.0.6

Giulio Orsero giulioo at tiscalinet.it
Mon Nov 15 11:42:16 GMT 1999

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:15:35 +1100, hai scritto:

>When I put them back to lp_logon_path() in 2.0.6, the logon path= parameter
>was once again recognized and acted on. The cvs.log says the
>lp_logon_path() calls were a mistake, so it's probably not as simple as
>putting them back to lp_logon_path()...
That change was made to solve the problem where
net use h: /home
would map to the profile share instead of the home share.

In fact now "net use .." works, but roaming profiles (if put outside the
homeshare) don't.

I think you can safely revert that change.

When that change was made I tested it for "net use..." but I didn't use
profiles at that moment so I didn't notice the side-effect; so I told
Jeremy Allison that the patch worked for me :(

giulioo at tiscalinet.it