Funnies with Win2K professional RC2 install

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Tue Nov 9 00:07:06 GMT 1999

Hi,

At 03:31 AM 11/10/99 +1100, crh at nts.umn.edu wrote:
>> Problem solved.  You have to reboot after changing that registry setting
>> before it takes effect ...
>
>Really?  They *promised* that they'd be reducing the number of required
>reboots to almost nil.
>
>This is a reboot of W2K you are talking about, no?

Yes.

I also tried doing a 'net stop workstation' on a hunch, but that stopped
the messanger and one other service as well, and then I could not restart
them.

So, I gave up and rebooted :-)

>Chris -)-----

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course