Funnies with Win2K professional RC2 install

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Tue Nov 9 16:38:21 GMT 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> > Problem solved.  You have to reboot after changing that registry setting
> > before it takes effect ...
>
> Really?  They *promised* that they'd be reducing the number of required
> reboots to almost nil.
>
> This is a reboot of W2K you are talking about, no?

Sigh, if only microsoft could have worked out that there is a difference
between kernelland and userland, then maybe they could reduce the number of
forced reboots to almost null.

The real problem with win-nt, win2k, ect is that they are just too complex, and
it is just getting worse.

My crappy gripe.

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au