Compile Time Failures

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Tue Nov 9 15:59:30 GMT 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 02:53:07AM +1100, Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> 10)  --with-ldap
>
> checking whether to use LDAP password database... yes
> configure: error: LDAP password database not supported in this version.
>
> Heh!  Can't we at least have a force-compile, so it can be hacked on and
> made functional?

:-)

As I remember it I added the error message for 2.0.5. We were getting far too
many complaints about the 2.0 LDAP code not compiling, and even if you were
to get it to compile the chances of it working are very slim.

There is no need to waste time "hacking on it", because the LDAP code
in 2.1-prealpha works fine. Hopefully with JF's merge that can be
integrated into mainstream code fairly soon.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member