On 2.0.6-pre2 (print filenames)

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Mon Nov 8 09:04:01 GMT 1999

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 05:42:22PM +0100, Giulio Orsero wrote:

> I print from wodperfect the file
>
> E:\provafax.wpd
>
> When it's still on win95 I see it (in the printer window) as:
> E:\provafax.wpd     [PFP#11905]
>
> When it's on linux I see it as
> Eprovafax.wpdPFP11905

The issue here is the range of characters we want to consider as completely
"safe" in filenames. Currently this is the set [A-Za-z0-9._-]. Aside from the
obviously "dangerous" characters, I would prefer not to see characters such
as spaces in filenames (even if most OS's do support it).

I remember someone was going to write some code to allow Samba to pass a
document title to LPRng. Not sure if that got off the ground.

	Matt

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member