NONE

Laura Morse laura_morse at SpringerMiller.com
Sat Nov 6 22:06:38 GMT 1999

I am trying to install SAMBA onto IBM's flavor of Unix (AIX).
Everything seems to be fine throughout the testing except that my
workstation cannot connect and display the shares on my Unix box.

I am installing version 2.0.5a of samba.

I can see the Unix box just fine in the network neighborhood, but when I
 try to display the available shares, I get the following error message
"The account is not authorized to login from this station".  I get this
message when I try to log in as "root", "guest", "pcguest", "lmorse".
"Guest" and "pcguest" are set up with no passwords, "lmorse" password
matches the password on my workstation (which is also lmorse).

When I do a "Net View \\SERVER_NAME\TMP" I get an error message that the
 password is incorrect and then it asks for a password (but no account
so I am not sure what it is looking for) and responds "Access is
Denied".

On the Unix box,  "smbclient  -L SERVER_NAME" shows me the correct
information but first asks for a password (no username first).  Pressing
 enter (or blank) displays the available share information correctly.

I am attaching my smb.conf file.

Thanks in advance for any direction that you might be able to provide!

Laura Morse
Springer-Miller Systems
782 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT  05672
Laura_Morse at SpringerMiller.com
(802) 253-0242
(802) 253-7557 (FAX)
SMB.CONF FILE ON UNIX_SERVER:
[global]
   WORKGROUP = SPRINGER-MILLER
   printing = aix
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   guest account = guest
   log file = /usr/recital/samba/log.%m

lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
share modes = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no