needs help with Quota on different shares

Sarabjit Singh SinghS at cbs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Nov 5 03:48:16 GMT 1999

Hi
I need some help ....
Situation:-
 We have about 13000 students accessing their home directories on a Solaris7 server, which is running samba-2.0.4b on it.  We use NT workstations for them to access their home drives. Some of the students are in projects so they are mapped to another share on  the same server. Each user has  6 M quota for the file storage on their homedrive share.

Problem:-- Is there any way that we can allocate quotas to different shares I mean If a student has 2 shares one 'home' dir and other 'Project1' share on the same server and the user has 6M quota. Can we say somehow that the user have 3M (out of 6M)  for his home share and 3M for his Project1 share through smb.conf

Any help, or other Ideas are welcomed

Many Thanks

Sarabjit

Sarabjit Singh