Samba on Solaris!

Feldman Seva seva at pf1.co.il
Wed Nov 3 13:06:28 GMT 1999

Hi !

I have strange problem with Samba on Solaris.
My net is Win95-98-nt + Solaris + Linux. Samba on Linux work perfectly, but
same configuration on Solaris have some problem. I took config simple file
from Linux with two sharing and no browsing (I mean election level). I can
see Linux box in network neighborhood and explore it. Solaris machine I can
see in network neighborhood but I can’t explore it, I get error box that
this share is not available. I must find this computer with ip address,
explore it and after that I will able to explore it from network
neighborhood by name.

Samba version is 2.0.4( binaries from samba ftp) , Solaris 7.

By and Thanks!