(Fwd) InnocuLAN incompatible with Samba?

Tulipánt Gergely tulipant-gergely at dbrt.hu
Tue Nov 2 16:58:04 GMT 1999

To:             	samba at samba.org
Date sent:      	Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:03:21 +0200

Samba 2.0.5b on Linux 2.0.36.
Innoculan virus scanner up-to-date on WinNT4SP3HU and WinNT4SP5HU.

On access virus scan has been enabled on all files. (OK, I guess it shouldn't, but it works more-
than-less with NT servers).

There are zillions of problems (eg. oplock breaks (oplock is now disabled); the client and server
having different ideas of what files are open; multiple connections from the same client; losing
connection on the middle of reading/writing files; etc.).

Some of these problems I can reproduce.

I can send smbdumps to whoever would be so kind as to investigate this problem.

When opening whatever.hlp with winhlp32, the user gets a read error message after scrolling
down.
Some mystical (for me) events happen:
The client sends SMBtrans2 with file=whatever.tmp.in2 and whatever.gid.in2. These get
answered as SMBError = ERRDOS - ERRbadfile (File not found.) That's right.
Then the client sends SMBntcreateX "whatever.gid" with the same tree id, and it gets
"SMBError = ERRSRV - ERRinvnid (The tree ID (TID) specified in a command was invalid.)"
I don't see why it became invalid. :(
Some packages later the client gets "SMBError = ERRSRV - ERRbadpw (Bad password -
name/password pair in a Tree Connect or Session Setup are invalid.)"