[latest cvs] rpcclient "sam*" commands have GNU readline completion

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Nov 1 17:58:00 GMT 1999

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999 Dave.Stevenson at durham.ac.uk wrote:

> <LCKL>
> what else can i add.... hmm... weeeellll... if i added a command to
> terminate file connections / sessions....  if i added a command to delete
> shares.... how about a shareinfo command...
> </LKCL>
>
> add shares/delete/enum shares would certainly be nice. Is remote start
> of services in this neck of the woods? Would like to be able to
> start/stop a stopped/running service ...

just done that one, over the weekend.  tim asked for it too.

>    I've been playing with rpcclient to do simple remote admin
> scripted with perl but having to resort to NT4 workstation and server manager
> for domain to remote start scheduler ( or poke registry and reboot ..)

hey, you want to submit those as example scripts?

anyone else want to submit any rpcclient scripts?  please put,
at your own discretion:

- "Copyright your_name / your_company_name 1999"

- email contact address

- disclaimer

and then send direct to me, i'll submit them in an examples/rpcclient
directory.

thx all!

luke