configure, autoconf?

Bill Chin wchin at acm.org
Wed May 19 00:42:52 GMT 1999

I'm adding in support for Mach vm_inherit instead of sysv shared
memory for smbtorture under Apple's MacOS X Server 1.1 (MOXS). I find
myself needing to make a change in configure.in. The autoconf that
comes with MOXS is the old 2.12. I looked on GNU's ftp site and saw
2.13 and grabbed that. I noticed that the configure pre-generated as
part of 2.0.4a uses autoconf 2.14.1. Is this an official release of
autoconf? Is there a problem using 2.13?

Also, I noticed that the socket-hack is not included in
configure.in, thus running autoconf will remove that option. Is this
supposed to be (for testing), or should it be added to configure.in?

Thanks,

..Bill Chin
wchin at acm.org

--