porting samba/CIFS server

Zdenek Radouch zdenek at mediaone.net
Wed May 12 03:18:04 GMT 1999

I am looking for software engineers interested in developing a CIFS server
for a commercial
product (the CIFS server is just one of the components).  We are planning
to buy/license
an existing server code and port it to our platform.  The samba server is
one of the candidates
(mostly because I assume I can find people that will know the code and will
want to work on it).

This will be a non-trivial port, since the target platform is an RTOS on
proprietary hardware
specifically designed to deliver very high performance (i.e., far from the
standard Unix/POSIX box).
The port will also require modifications for high performance and
scalability, for example
separating the metadata and data processing in order to achieve "zero copy"
I/O.

If you are interested and would like to get involved in the project in any
capacity (from a project leader
to an occasional consultant) on a full time or part time basis, please drop
me a line and I will get
in touch with you to discuss the details.

Thank you.
-Zdenek Radouch