[Fwd: smbwrapper Red Hat 6.0 compile]

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Wed May 12 01:44:22 GMT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Beau Kuiper wrote:

> Ummm, i would love to help, but i don't know how redhat 6.0 works and I
> havn't. If it uses the glibc 2.1 libraries, it may be a short while until
> problems with the new library are solved since glibc 2.1 breaks a lot of
> things.

I've also run into this problem after upgrading libraries on my RedHat system.
RH6.0 does use glibc 2.1, and it looks like Samba's configure scripts don't
know how to deal with this case yet...  Is someone working on making Samba and
glibc 2.1 play nicely? (i.e., how short is that 'short while'? :)  I'd be
willing to help (I /was/ planning on using smbsh from this system before I
broke it...), but am certain that I would break the build for other systems
in the process if left to my own devices.

-Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer