[Fwd: smbwrapper Red Hat 6.0 compile]

Beau Kuiper ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au
Tue May 11 13:40:19 GMT 1999

On Tue, 11 May 1999, Scott Dudley wrote:
> This is my second attempt to solicit help compiling smbwrapper.  If this
> is not the correct forum for issues related to samba development, please
> advise.  I would desperately like to get smbwrapper going as its
> functionality is commensurate with another project on which I've been
> working.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Scott Dudley wrote:
>
> > Trying to compile latest smbwrapper on Red Hat 6.0 from cvs.  Had to
> > undef the following defines in include/config.h just to compile:
> >
> > #undef HAVE_STAT64
> > #undef HAVE_READDIR64
> > #undef HAVE_PREAD64
> > #undef HAVE_PWRITE64
> >
> > I then run smbsh, attempt to access /smb, and get the following error:
> >
> > # ls -l /smb
> > ls: /smb: No such file or directory
> >
> > Likewise, got a segfault when running a ps command:
> >
> > # ps ax
> >
> > Signal 11 caught by ps (procps version 2.0.2).
> > Please send bug reports to <procps-bugs at redhat.com>
> >
> > Has anyone compiled on this platform yet?  My apologies for not having
> > rolled up my sleeves but have been short on time.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Scott Dudley
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Scott Dudley

Ummm, i would love to help, but i don't know how redhat 6.0 works and I havn't.
If it uses the glibc 2.1 libraries, it may be a short while until problems with
the new library are solved since glibc 2.1 breaks a lot of things.

Meanwhile, you better make a bug report to procps-bugs at redhat.com because
ps should never crash regardless of what you do to the system.

Beau Kuiper
ekuiperba at cc.curtin.edu.au