your mail

Allen Reese allen at driversoft.com
Fri May 7 18:44:40 GMT 1999

Should be.  From what I understand OS X is basically the Yellow box with
the Carbon API's strapped on top.  That means you have some POSIX, some
Next/BSD, and the Carbon API's.  For you who are not familiar with apple's
name game:

Carbon:
	MacOS apis that are now thread-safe, and a little updated.
Yellow Box:
	AKA Rhapsody, and it's API's this has the BSD/Mach/Next API's in
it.  The Blue Box for rhapsody was the MacOS api's and is now Carbon.

>From what is contained in darwin, apple's opensource stuff, it looks like
samba should port easily. :)

Anyone with Mac OS X, please correct me I think some parts are horribly
wrong. ;)

Allen Reese
Senior Software Engineer
Driversoft, Inc.