Has "dfree command" vanished?

Morgan Hughes kyhm at mars.ark.com
Mon May 3 23:57:05 GMT 1999

  Does anybody know if the dfree command is implemented in Samba 2.0.3?
  Was it removed for some reason?  I've hacked support into my copy of the
  source, but I'd like to know if there's something I've missed.

  The story: I'm running an admittedly weird network using 2.0.3 on a
  modified RedHat machine.  After reading the smb.conf manpage, it seemed
  that the dfree command was exactly what I needed to solve my problem.  I
  hacked together a C program pretty quick, but Samba didn't seem to be
  listening to it.  A couple of days messing around with param/loadparm.c
  and smbd/dfree.c convinced me that the config file parameter was honored,
  but never used...  After I added some quick code to disk_free() in
  smbd/dfree.c, it seemed to work,

  My hack job seems to be holding, but I've got this sinking feeling that
  the support is missing for a good reason...  Conversely, if anybody wants
  it I'll post the patch.

--
   Morgan Hughes
   C programmer and highly caffeinated mammal
   kyhm at mars.ark.com
-- ...but there are no old, bold pilots.