Samba 2.0.3 question

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Mon May 3 20:47:47 GMT 1999

I remember drafting up a response to this but I don't see it in my sent
mail. I'm
not sure what happened to it.

The smbd process will show as being owned by the connecting user while
it is actively processing requests for that user. When the connection
becomes
idle it will revert to being owned by root.