generalising source of smb.conf

Dan Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Tue Mar 30 22:17:53 GMT 1999

Just a quick note--

	Include files are probably one of the more powerful aspects of
Samba--I'd venture to say conditional includes are my single favorite
feature of it, far outweighing its speed(how often is a server hammered to
maximum capacity?).

	Any system we design for LDAP access, or indeed any forms of
access, should take this into account.  We really *can* do the impossible
when it comes to Includes--SWAT's ignorance of them is problematic, and
LDAP access in the design phase should accept this.

Yours Truly,

	Dan Kaminsky
	DoxPara Research
	http://doxpara.netpedia.net