How to make timestamps on samba files set by server time, not PC time.

Dan Kaminsky effugas at best.com
Thu Mar 18 18:45:29 GMT 1999

> Dan Kaminsky wrote:
>
> > close command = touch %f
> >
> > Perfect timing!  I hope %f operates correctly here, though...
>
> You might need to use close command = touch "%p/%f".  Remember that %f doesn't
> include the full path, just the path anchored from the share's path.
>
> I suggest the quotes because of the nasty habit windows users have of putting
> spaces in the file names.

[UI Geek Mode Activated]

Spaces in file names are *GOOD* things.
Only_Computer_People_Type_Like_This
It_Really_Isn't_That_Ergonomic_If_You_Think_About_It
AndActuallyThisIsReallyHardToRead.

(This is somewhat related to the observation that scrolls went out of
fashion a few thousand years ago--for good reason.)

[UI Geek Mode Deactivated.]