Password changes via samba

Pradeep Subramaniam pradeep at algorithmics.com
Thu Mar 11 04:09:47 GMT 1999

We have an NT domain in our office, running in parallel to the NIS
environment. All user accounts are created in NIS first and these are
automatically uploaded into the PDC for user authentication into the NT
domain.

I have installed samba (version 2.0.2) on a Solaris fileserver.  My
question is, regarding password changes. Is it possible to configure
samba so that when someone uses the SWAT utility to change their
password, the password on the NT PDC as well as that on the NIS can be
changed simultaneously?

What I am trying to do is to provide a means whereby the users can come
to one point to change their passwords on both NIS and the NT domain.
Any help in this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pradeep.

--
Pradeep Subramaniam,                    |
Senior Network/Systems Administrator    | You can fool some of the people