The CIFSbench package

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Mar 9 17:28:15 GMT 1999

David Collier-Brown wrote:

>         In principle, it's easy to write an application that
>         produces a given load and measures response and throughput.
>         In practice, the devil is in the details.

Indeed. That's why there was a *MASSIVE* argument
about CIFSBENCH at the last CIFS conference.

I have *NO* confidence in a closed source code
benchmark. And also *NO* confidence in a Win32
based one also.

(Yes I know I tout Samba NetBench numbers. But
that's *marketing*. I have *NO* confidence in
Netbench either - I just don't want to see it
displaced with something just as bad or maybe
worse :-) :-).

Jeremy.