coding binge coming on.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Sat Mar 6 23:59:40 GMT 1999

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > hm.  i feel the urge to do a coding-spree again.  spread wings again in
> > unchartered territories.  before i do so, does anyone have any suggestions
> > for major areas of missing functionality that are really getting on
> > people's wick (e.g inter-domain trust relationships?)
>
> And what about converting all the RPC structs to be dynamically malloced
> at parsing time ?

good point.

> And converting the smb.conf structs to be in shared memory between all
> smbd process to lower memory usuage ?

need generic-version of shared memory code first.

> And correcting the group stuff to make it faster and work fine both in PDC
> and domain client modes ? And documenting all of it ? And storing the
> BUILTIN accounts in a text file to internationalize Samba ?

argh (*boom*, luke's head explodes).

> And a new password flat file backend to store all the user_info_21
> attributes (maybe in dbm or gdbm).

does anyone want to tackle this?  there are now several examples.

[as an example, benjamin do you want to write an extended version of MYSQL
which stores *all* the attributes, i.e do that one we were talking about:
the optional rows which are currently filled with lp_xxxx()?]

luke