local master = no ==> workgroup<1e> ?

Todd Sabin tastas at home.com
Fri Mar 5 23:24:01 GMT 1999

Luke wrote:
> > IsDomainMaster=False
> > MaintinServerList=Yes
> >
> > yields
> >
> > workgroup<0>
> > workgroup<1e>
> >
> > both registered.
>
> goodie.  ok, so even if you're... hm, no, inconclusive: "IsDomainMaster"
> does that mean "DMB" or "LMB"?

I think the upshot is that if the Browser service is running, the machine
is a pot. master browser and registers <1e>.  The IsDomainMaster parameter
only influences the way it participates in elections; likewise the
MaintainServerList param, except that =no means don't run, which seems
redundant since you can just disable the service normally.

> >  I found a KB article at MS that describes these params.
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q136/7/12.asp
>
> wossitsay?  [thx for help btw!]

well, you do have a browser (web), don't you? :)

Todd