PDC on external network

Sanjeev Ananth san_133 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 18:58:07 GMT 1999

I am running a linux server (Red Hat 5.1) with 2 network interfaces ,
one connecting to the internet and the other to the internal network.

Using IPfwadm all hosts on the internal network access the internet.
The only config statements  in rc.firewall are

ipfwadm -F -p deny
ipfwadm -F -a m -S 10.0.0.0/8   -D 0.0.0.0/0

Using this have no problem to access anywhere from the internal network
and no reason for the external network to access the internal until now.

I have connected an NT Server 4.0 on the external network which is a
PDC.  From an NT workstation on the internal network when I try to
connect to the NT domain - I get a 'The domain controller for this
domain cannot be located' message.

Can anyone tell me what 'ipfwadm' needs to allow authentication?

Thank you

Sanjeev