Win 98 generating corrupt NegProt requests

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Mar 1 14:39:19 GMT 1999

Richard Sharpe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I had a problem recently with Windows 98, where it
> was generating corrupt NegProt SMBs. Right in the middle of
> the list of protocol variants, there were a couple of
> rubbish characters.
>
> This was when I had Win 98 logging on using Client for
> MS Windows. When I switched to Windows Logon, all seemed
> to work.
>
> has anyone seen this before?

Richard,

I never followed the bits on the wire, but I have many Win98
clients performing domain logons here with no problems. Only
difference from the default, is that I am not using password encryption
for these clients.

jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )