Linux Users IDs and NT

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jun 30 02:51:40 GMT 1999

> Is it possible to synchronise the user names on the web server with
> those on the NT domain?  I have read of support for 'on the fly'
> addition of locked userids to allow the file system access to get
> a user id against it.  But it isn't clear what 'best practice' is
> in this respect.  Security in this environment is not paramount,
> so locked accounts getting created isn't too much of a problem.
>
> My guess is that something like a weekly cron job to pick
> up a username/group list to dump on the Linux Server
> would be appropriate.

Matt,

I wrote three Perl scripts to illustrate this for a chapter in
min and Richard's book (chapter 12).  You can download the
latest version of these via FTP from
	ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/cartegw/samba/domain_member_scripts.tar.gz

Let me know if you find them useful or have suggestions
for improvement.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter