SV: SIGBUS Panic in smbd

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Tue Jun 29 16:33:45 GMT 1999

Michael Stockman wrote:

> This would be an almost good approach, but quite unmanagable I think
> (for the same reason I think that getpwnam and getpwanam deals in
> static memory, it is virtually impossible to know when to free/reset
> the pointers unless you make a function for that which must be called
> when we're done with the struct).

Actually I have a simpler plan I'll implement. I will
create a static struct passwd whose contents I control
via the Get_Pass() function. This will point to Samba
controlled memory and will be totally managed by Samba
- the system function info will be copied into it.

This should fix the problem permanently.

Cheers,

	Jeremy.