Replacing user references (char* etc) in smbd with a struct.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Mon Jun 28 23:23:31 GMT 1999

> Could I ask what MfH(tm) is and when it is expected to be ready, if
> that information is available? Should the summer get really rainy (or
> I descide to work even though it's sunny), I might replace all
> instances of the named variables, if that would contribute 'to the
> cause'.

well, my recommendation would be to go ahead.  if anyone has any
objections to that, please speak within 48 hours.

use the latest cvs (no tag, so using cvs main, see
http://samba.org/cvs.html), doing this daily:

cp -r samba-current samba-backup
cd samba-current
cvs -t update

[check your patch hasn't been botched].

the struct you use should probably contain:

- char* unix_username
- char* unix_pwd_crypt
- uid_t unix_uid
- gid_t unix_gid
- gid_t unix_groups[]
- int num_unix_groups

- char* nt_username
- SID nt_user_sid
- SID nt_group_sid
- RID nt_group_rids[]
- int num_nt_groups

...although the group (both unix and nt) are probably overkill.

i think that you will find exactly the structure you will need to start
from something like current_user.  check also in 2.0.X branch: jeremy
rewrote the unix security code.

luke