SIGBUS Panic in smbd

Jeremy Allison jallison at cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Mon Jun 28 22:00:45 GMT 1999

Ken Weaverling wrote:

> > The reason for the crashes the this thread started with is that
> > ret->pw_passwd is __most__ likely a pointer to a static area and
> > calling free on that can cause a crash.
>
> I've seen this myself. I just upgraded to 2.04b from 2.03 on a box that
> serves thousands of users.  The panics started to occur.  This is
> a debugger dump.

Ok - I want to get this straight. This is with a machine
that has HAVE_GETPWANAM defined after configure, correct ?

I see the bogus free() call in this case, I just want to make sure
I fix this the right way.

Can someone send me a man page for getpwanam() as I can't
find it on the systems I have access to.

Regards,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.