Patch for slow smbclient performance

Cole, Timothy D. timothy_d_cole at md.northgrum.com
Thu Jun 24 15:52:02 GMT 1999

	I concur, but how portably can we do multithreaded code?  Since not
all the platforms Samba builds on support MT (or building with MT support is
a royal pain; witness HP-UX), you'd really need to have a threaded and a
non-threaded version.of the relevent code, if nothing else.  Unless you can
keep that split confined to a very small part of the code, it'll become an
absolute bear to maintain.  That being said, it still might be worth looking
into.  If I could get MT to work under HP-UX here, I might take a stab at
implementing it myself, but so far no luck...